Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

It's A Wonderful Life

This weekend started with plans to attend the Laurel/South Jones Game. We got dressed in our Tornado gear and headed that way.                                                               

 
  Before leaving, the kids scooped up some rocks and made some shakers to cheer on Uncle Bubba's team!





 We went all the way to South and were headed for the ticket booth when Mama announced that she wasn't feeling up to it. That was okay. We grabbed a burger and headed home. Laurel STOMPED South! WOOO!


 This morning began with a trip to Hattiesburg to Jody's Bakery to pick up Neva's cake. Yes, it IS a transformer cake.


 An Optimus Prime cake, to be exact. Yes, Yes, my beautiful little princess is OBSESSED with Transformers.


 On the way home for nap, we decided to stop by Gammy's house. She couldn't wait to give Neva a BIG birthday sugar!


 and hug...................


 Then came the gift from Uncle Bubba and Gammy. Neva was CRAZY excited!


 She got the hang of it quick! and even figured out how to use reverse! Smarty pants!


 Naptime came and went, and it was time for the party. When we got to the park, and unloaded EVERYTHING, I was RUDELY informed that the entire pavillion was booked. I didn't know you could book a public park. I cried and cried when I looked at Neva's sad little face. We HAD to make a move. Neva said "mama, don't be 'fwustwated', it's going to be okay". I replied, "Aren't you upset that we have to leave the park?" She answered simply: "No". OKAY, if she can get over it, so can I!

Mom rode by Cottonmill Park, and said she thought that would be a good location. Luckily I went with my gut and we went to the donut shop. She admitted later that there was a guy sleeping on the picnic table. "Uh, excuse me sir, can I use your bed for my daughters party?"......um, no. Thanks mom.



 After a small freak out and a bunch of location change texts, everyone made it up to old faithful, the donut shop.


 Isn't she beautiful?


 Before you think it, YES, I DO fix Nori's hair. She just won't leave it that way long. That is her pony tail holder on her arm. Her bow is in my floorboard. Good thing she is so gorgeous, she doesn't need a fancy hair-do!


 It's the "aunt's club", Jamina, Teresa, and Linda. Linda and Rhett decided they didn't want to pose for this one.


Theres my daddy. The girl's call him "Pop". Check out his LHS hat!

 She is so wonderful. She has moments, but don't they all? My 3 yr old calmed ME down about HER party having to relocate.



 She blew, she spit, she got em all!


 Cuz Cutter


 Cuz Jax


 The cake is good!



 Baby Rhett


 Me, mom, & nori's arms doing what they always do.


 They were too hyped up to pause for a picture!


 BRADY!


 Noah thinks the chocolate cake is YUMMY!


 This a a SEVENTY dollar Optimus Prime (her daddy's idea). HE can't even figure out how to work it, it is WAY too complicated!


 Neva's favorite gift was a makeup set from her sister. Good job Nori! She lost interest after opening the makeup. She kept saying, "mama, I want to paint my fingernails". I opened the rest of the gifts for her. She was gracious enough to glance at them and thank everyone as I opened, then again afterwards!


 Aunt Amber was the photographer for the day!


Uncle Josh,  The life of the party?!?!


 Kristen, Her sis in law and Cutter


 Michael got to catch up with his buddy


 Poor Nay Nay. She fell earlier in the week and bruised her face and broke her shoulder. She still made it to the party with Neva's favorite autobot-BumbleBee!


 Taylorsvillians! Aunt Sharon, Uncle Kandy, and Kasen


 Pawpaw loved the hats and the goody bags!


For the FIRST time ever, I forgot to video the "Happy Birthday" song and the candles being blown out! It bothered me, but instead of stressing (like usual), we had a second sing and candle blow at home, just us. Neva didn't mind. It was cute. Then they had some post party pizza!



 Breaking the Gator in at home!


 A quick break to pick some flowers.......


 Nori took this opportunity to TRY to drive! Gotta wait till those legs get a little longer, baby!


Birthday girl winding down.......


There were ALOT more pics I wanted to share with you, but the sun coming in through the windows made them a bit blurry and dark. Sorry. Pretty much the only ones worth looking at are the ones I didn't take. What can I say?

Physically she is kind of down. Her appetite is non-existent, she is having aches and pains and she is exhausted. But spirit wise? Mama's a rock. MY rock, to be exact.

It was a wonderful couple of days. Then again, life is always wonderful when you share it with the folks you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment