Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Monday, November 12, 2012

The Mountains (Night 2, Morning 2)

I didn't mean to lie to you about the pics. I TRIED, but the little system I'm working with up here was going to take 3 years to import the pictures from my memory card. So, I will share those with you later.

Last night, we all got dressed and headed out..Where? We didn't know. The kids were dressed like little triplets. They will probably resent me for doing that at some point, but they are too little to do anything about it right now. They looked so cute! Our first stop: Kroger.....Michael needed coffee filters in a bad way. Next, we went to The Track. It's the same little place that's at Gulf Shores, except the Kids Kuntry part, is much more elaborate at the one here. The kids rode EVERYTHING, and Mili watched happily from her stroller. Then, since she was tall enough, Michael took Neva to the go-kart ride. I took Nori to some smaller rides to distract her (she's not tall enough). After Neva got going, I HAD to walk over. She can drive her lil power wheels gator that Mom got her like a champ. She drives the four wheeler with her daddy like a pro. She can even drive the zero turn lawn mower. So Michael and I were dying to see how she did on the karts. SHE DID GREAT! We stood there swole up with pride over our little smarty pants. Always scared I'm going to give one of them a complex, after we cheered for Neva, we bragged on Nori. Then, feeling guilty, we complimented Mili. It's a never ending cycle. But they are just wonderful, so it's ok. Of course, we could be a bit biased about how great they are.... Then, with a whining Mili, a "I'm not ready to leave!" crying Nori, and a hyper Neva,we headed out.

We rode to Sevier County to look at the Christmas lights. We thought we went to look at the infamous Christmas lights last year with Mama. We were WRONG. This WAS AMAZING. We tuned our radio to a specific station and the lights were synchronized with the music!! I've never seen anything like it. As excited as I was, I felt a twinge of guilt for not finding it last year. She would have loved it. But, I chased that thought out of my mind. The kids were enthused for about 10 minutes, then they were ready for supper. I think Michael and I would have stayed A LOT longer, had we been alone. So, reading the kid's cues, we headed for supper. I kind of wanted to go back to the cabin and cook. But, Michael wanted some good ole' Tennesee BBQ, so we went searching. Unfortunately, at 8:30 on a Sunday, most of the little dives had closed. We ended up at a Texas Road House. We ate so many appetizers, that we left with our entrees in a box! It was delish and we met the sweetest older couple that was sitting at the booth next to us. The kids were yawning and rubbing their eyes, so we knew it was time to head home.

After we entered our little community of cabins, I couldn't help but notice that there were several trash cans over turned. Michael and I joked that it "was probably a bear". We pulled up at our cabin, and as we were unloading, our next door neighbors pulled up and piled out of their car talking loudly and excitedly about the BIG BEAR that had crossed the road in front of them! I was equally excited and freaked out. I found myself kind of running from the car into the house. But also kind of hoping I would peer out the curtains from the safety of my warm cabin and see a bear....

Last came teeth brushing and pj time. I put Mili to bed, then took my big girls into their room, read them a princess story and cuddled with them until they were as comfy and relaxed as could be. When I walked out into the living room to join Michael, my sleep deprived hubby was out cold. I decided to let him be. I covered him with a blanket, kissed his forehead, then spent the night with my lil angels. Neva rubbed my mouth, and Nori held my hand until we all drifted to our dreams. It was a good night. This morning, Michael and I shared a rare moment alone on the back porch together. We sat and took in the beautiful veiw. The colors are phenomenal. I really think we chose the perfect week to come. We got to see the beautiful leaves, without missing the Christmas lights.  I noticed as we sat this morning, that the weather (which has been relatively comfortable) was taking a little turn. The air had a little chill to it. I even shivered a bit. There is a front moving through, so we will probably see some temperature dropping. .. I have also noticed that in the couple of days that we have been here, the trees have shed some of their vibrant leaves. Nature: What a beautiful show God gave us to watch....I have never felt more blessed.

Now, If you'll excuse me, I am headed to eat a "Michael Breakfast". Michael breakfasts are the best! They are over the top and absolutely delicious. We used to get his yummy breakfast once a week, but since Shipley's moved, he's only had a couple days off. He goes in to cook donuts every morning. Then, as I have told you, he stays busy until dark. We miss him. The kids tolerate my breakfast attempts, but they often talk about "daddy's yummy eggs" or "Daddy's grits". So now, as the scent of bacon and sausage fill the air, we all are headed to the table to enjoy something we've been missing...Oh yeah, and the food too.



No comments:

Post a Comment