Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Should I Stay or Should I go?

I was running around here like crazy last night. Doing laundry, folding it, packing it...Repeat. Washing dishes, cleaning our week long mess, checking underneath and inside of everything for lost socks and toys. I was panicking slightly--because the task seemed too large for the remaining time we had. I finally fell asleep last night after forcing the to-do list out of my mind and cuddling with my baby girls. I awoke first thing this morning with the to-do list racing through my mind with a vengeance. When I walked in the living room, a calm Mili rolled around in her bed entertaining herself. I immediately began bagging up stuff and cleaning. Michael nonchalantly got up, made himself a pot of coffee and started cooking breakfast. I continued to run around all panicky getting everything rounded up. The kids woke up and I got all of us ready. Then, we ate breakfast. During which, Michael threw out the idea, once again, of us staying another night. But, he wasn't sure. I couldn't help but notice how calm he was. HOW??? While he polled the kids, and listed all the pros and cons of each, I continued to run around and get things squared away. He was still in his pajamas. Meanwhile, I'm freaking out. "Check out is at 10. Check out is at 10. Check out is at 10". It is all I could think! FINALLY I finished. Everything was clean and ready to be loaded. I could finally take a breath and I felt very relieved.... Michael still wasn't dressed. His calmness in these situations amazes me. Then, at 10:00, the cleaning lady knocked on the door. This is when Michael announced that we are indeed staying another night.

I'm a little aggravated.

But more excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment