Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Lesser Evil

So, after I blogged last night I fell sound asleep. About an hour or so later I awoke feeling nauseous and weak. I walked in the living room, it was around midnight, and found Michael watching Duck Dynasty. I barely spoke to him before I turned around and sprinted back to the bathroom where I proceeded to vomit violently for the next 30 minutes. I will spare you the details. But I WILL say that I never want JT Hannah's or a piece of fudge EVER again!

I was trying to decide what's worse: food poisoning or riding all day in a cramped car with 3 kids 4 and under.... Hhhhmmmmmm....

This morning we woke up late, as usual. So we got ready, decided to get breakfast on the road, loaded the rest of our stuff and reluctantly said goodbye to our beautiful little cabin. Michael and I both were very sad about leaving. We also both agree that if we ever bought a vacation home- it would be right there in Gatlinburg. It's such a special place.

We have been on the road now since around 9am, and we're almost to Meridian (it's 3:00). So, considering the potty breaks (everyone likes to take turns) I think we're making pretty good time. These little girls that are a handful at home have been WONDERFUL on the road. I'm just so proud of them, because it's not easy for an ADULT to ride this much.

Since we've been riding, Michael and I have talked about everything. Mainly, we've talked about my mom. We talked alot about Thanksgiving (we're celebrating with mom's side of the family this Sunday). At one point, I even started crying thinking of my first Thanksgiving without her. Michael quickly changed the subject to make me cheer up and laugh. Im glad, because I didn't want to end the second best mountains trip on a bad note. I mean, the food poisoning wasn't great- but you know what I mean.

Anyway, if I get out from under the mountain of laundry long enough, I'll post some pics when I get home.

Sorry about all the typos this week- apparently spell check took a vacation too... It hasn't been working :/

No comments:

Post a Comment