Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Picture Overload

He was so proud of his work.

This is right before we left. Their shoes were on. Hair was brushed. It didn't last.

Michael? He worked at the donut shop from around 4 until we left...So he wasn't super alert.
 
The trees along the way were incredible. I drove most of the way---so I didn't get a lot of pictures.
 
He tried to sleep, but it's nearly impossible with our girls in the car...
 
They did pretty good. They snacked the whole time. The two little ones took a good nap in the car and woke up happy.
 
Neva dozed off as we entered Pigeon Forge.
 
And did not wake up happy.
 
We FINALLY reached our lodge to retrieve our key. 
 
I was apprehensive about the cabin... 
But it was perfect for us!

Super cozy and super spacious.
 
The stairs kind of freaked me out. They did last year too. Last year I was so worried mom would slip and fall.
 
 This year, I was super paranoid about the girls running up and down and getting hurt. I kept them blocked off for most of the trip.

The loft, where Michael received plenty of spankings at the pool table.
 
Grocery store at 10:00 at night!
 
This baby DOES NOT stay up past 9...EVER. She was exhausted!
 
We had groceries, but were too tired to cook....So we grabbed some pizza. Me and the kids waited in the car...
 
While Michael waited on our food and texted with me.
 
 
First night!
 
Mili was out. She didn't wait for a bath or pajamas..

The front of our cabin in the morning light...
 
And the beautiful and STEEP view from the back.
 
 
It was breathtaking.

Day 1 was spent at the indoor pool.

Though the room was warm, the water was FREEZING!

So Mili and I sat out on the swimming...
 
Just the two of us and a gourmet meal...
 
That night, we went to The Track...
 
I couldn't watch. Like I told you, I get motion sickness easily. They were spinning like crazy on this thing. They are their daddy's kids, because they were LOVING it!
 
Michael with the sleepy face again.

My big baby driving like a nascar champion.
 
My little baby distracted with a kiddie ride.
 
My Tiny baby cheering them on...
 
Next came Christmas lights. My pictures did them no justice.

Finally came supper. Ribs for Mili! (the perfect teething apparatus)
 
Mili, pulling up because she's all hyped up on ribs.

Mornings on the deck.

Makeup and hair brushing was optional. I opted out.
 
That was the laziest day that we had. We stayed home all day.
 
Michael and the girls made hamburgers for lunch.
 
Notice the rain drops? I did.
 
Then after nap time, we went to the aquarium.
 
I love to see them have fun.
 
She's so sweet.
 
WE LOVED THE AQUARIUM!
 
The girls were running around super excited....But to be honest, Michael and I were equally as excited.
 
Mili was very content with her ride as well.
 
That night, we did artwork with Dad.

 
Our Touristy Day!

We headed to Gatlinburg!
 
 
 
Ripley's started out great with a HUGE Optimus prime in the front room!
 
We found out that surprisingly, Michael  is not the tallest man ever...
 
I need this huge chair to read stories to my girls in. The recliner doesn't hold 4 of us very comfortably.
All in all, Ripley's was too spooky for the girls. So, we headed toward the mirror maze.

First stop the Fudge Shoppe.
 
My sweet Mama, one short year ago.
 
Then we were lured in to a shop where we met a band and listened to some authentic blue grass music...
 
 
Finally, the maze. I didn't get any good pics in the maze, but it was cute!
 
 
 Here is the candy factory in the lobby. The girls got huge lolly pops!
 
Mili has her own built-in lolly pop.
 
The "extra" day
 
We went to the park and played.
 
It was just a roadside park between Galtinburg and Pigeon Forge....
 
But the girls had a blast!
 
It was an interesting story of a business man turned restaurant owner/cook.  
 
Then came lunch at JT Hannahs. The tea was great. The food was good....Going down, that is.
 
We went home, then later that night, we went to Whaley's (the cute little store I told you about).
 
I LOVED THIS LITTLE STORE. I kept telling the girls "don't touch anything".
 
I literally felt like a kid in a candy shop.
 
We got the stuff we needed, then went home to make homemade milkshakes.
 
Mili approved of our work.
 
Just before we left. One last look at the view.
 
Goodbye Cabin ;(
 
Hello ALL-DAY road trip home :/

The kids did great!

This time, I kicked back.
 

This guy drove the whole way.
 
7 "short" hours later....

Time to unpack.....

 
My dream home is located here.

 

 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment