Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Friday, October 28, 2011

We Are the Champ-yons!

So, as most of you know, I have hung up my black and gold attire and replaced it with red and gold. It is true that blood is thicker than water, because when my big brother became a coach at Laurel High School, we all became Tornadoes as well! Most seasons, we go to every game possible (mom always made it to the "impossible" ones as well). But this year, we have missed most of the games due to mom's health. Even though it was FREEZING outside and we all encouraged her to stay home, my mom insisted on going tonight---and I AM SO GLAD she did! We all had the best time! My little brother and his family, my dad and his girlfriend Kim, and even MICHAEL was able to go with me, mom and the girls! I was concerned because I have always heard that "night air" is not good. Since mom has been running a low grade fever (that is absolutely relentless), I really didn't know if it was the best idea for her to go. I verbalized my feelings, but didn't pressure her one way or the other. I know that it is very important to her to do all the things she can with us and for us. We never know from day to day how her condition will change, so when she is even a little bit "ok", she does ALL she can do. We all went, bundled up, had fun, and watched the Tornadoes dominate! We always sit over by the field house to avoid germs, but there is also the added benefit of not having to fight the girls to sit down the whole time. There is plenty of room for them to play. Everybody wins.....
My girls love to watch the little dancers in their sparkly outfits.

There's my mom and dad. It's funny how a divorce can improve a relationship, sometimes.

Don't let that pretty smile fool ya, she was FREEZING!

Mom is wearing 2 hats, 2 pair of pants, 2 shirts, a jacket, and covered up w a blanket!

He wasn't real keen on sitting with a bunch of Tornado fans. I caught him cheering for the Tigers a couple times.....

It really was a fun game to watch!

Always got the "game face" on....

Check out that little crusty face....

And this one......

quite a crew, huh?


The GREAT thing about tonight, is the Tornadoes won the division championship! While I am SO incredibly proud of my brother and his performance as coach, I can't help but look at the bigger win.... The GREATER thing about tonight is each of us in these pictures won a beautiful memory, never to be lost. It was a night for champions..........Champions in shoulder pads. Champions with clip boards and playbooks. And champions huddled up with loved ones on the sidelines.  

No comments:

Post a Comment