Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Un (?) Answered Prayers

I ran into someone tonight....It just kind of got me thinking.

When I was 15 years old, I got my very first boyfriend. It was one of those immature little relationships that doesn't exist outside the halls of Junior High or over the phone. Mama was....NOT.....A....fan....(to say the least). But me? I was smitten.  I prayed that I would end up with this magical, fairy tale love, like most girls do. I dreamed of a big clean house, NO kids, an awesome career, and traveling the world. As these kind of things usually do, it fizzled out pretty quickly. But not because I didn't pray for it to last. Afterwards, I had a date here or there, but my next real boyfriend came along 4 years later. His name was Michael. He wore overalls and had a Burt Reynold's style mustache. He was totally not my type. Everyone said so. We were so very, very different. He took me to Wal Mart on our first date. Then McDonalds. I loved every single minute of it. Mama was a HUGE fan of him...He was a HUGE fan of her....Without my realizing it was happening, I fell in love. Not the puppy kind of love. The real-deal kind... We got married, fell deeper in love, became best friends, fell deeper in love, created our family that is so incredibly perfect, and fell deeper in love. He held me the day my mom was diagnosed. He wiped my tears when I was scared through her fight. He bent over backwards to help redo some of the things in her house, in an attempt to complete her bucket list. He helped her walk to her bed one of the last times she ever walked. He handed her the last drink she ever had. He cried the day she died, because he loved her so. He never left my side. He pried me out of the bathroom, when I locked myself in to breakdown. He pulled me out of bed, when I felt I couldn't get up. Through it all, we grew closer and stronger and fell deeper in love. He can make me smile, when I am sad as can be. He can make me laugh, when I am too angry for words. He is my heart. He is my world. He is my gift from God. My very own unanswered prayer. Every single day that God blesses me with his presence, I fall even deeper in love. He is SO my type.

I am so glad that God subtly reminds me that He knows best. Because He absolutely does.


I live in a mobile home.
I have 3 wild and beautiful kids.
I am horrible with laundry.
I am an unpaid domestic/maternal engineer.
I travel to Hattiesburg every Tuesday for gymnastics.

Who says I didn't get my fairy tale?

No comments:

Post a Comment