Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Moments

Our lives seem to move faster and faster every day. I remember when I was a kid, it seemed I walked outside after breakfast, and a week later I came in for supper. We celebrated Thanksgiving, then a year later we celebrated Christmas. Time just moved so much slower. Moments were filled, not skipped. The little things were cherished, not ignored. So, I decided to dedicate a blog post, not to "the day", but to some of "the moments" that fill the day.

 
  •  The moment I tickle Neva so hard that she loses her breath
  • The moment a wounded local hero, Tony Stiles (that doctors were once unsure of his ability to survive), steps out of a truck, to a mob of people standing in the street--cheering, clapping and praising God for the miracle they are witnessing.
  • The moment mine and Michael's eyes meet and though the kids are going crazy, my heart stands still.
  • The moment I walk in Mili's room, and she sees me. I see her. And we both smile.
  • The moment late at night, when I am alone and fighting off sadness, and suddenly Jamina texts me.
  • The moment Nori insists on wearing something crazy, like two different shoes, or a bicycle helmet and I agree.
  • The moment I realize the reason the water isn't boiling is because I didn't turn the burner on an hour ago.
  • The moment  Brother Robby stands in front of our church and speaking God's Word, he brings grown men and women to tears.
  • The moment Nori grabs my face and gives me the sweetest, softest little kiss
  • The moment I realize the ENTIRE bag of Cheetos is in my floorboard

  • The moment after a argument, when Michael hugs me tight and the reasons I was mad just melt away.

  • The moment I realize, once again, how smart my babies are

 
  • The moment I realize that there is no room for groceries in the buggy, because it's full of kids.
  • The moment I question if cleaning is really worth it, ( I mean, it never lasts).
  • The moment I feel disgusting, and Michael looks at me like I am beautiful.
  • The moment I open my bible and pray that God reveals something to me that I've been missing.
  • The moment He does.
  • The moment I glance in the mirror and vow to never eat again.
  • The moment moment I realize I've broken my starvation vow and I'm eating an entire box of donuts that the chef, himself, brought to my house.
  • The moment I realize that I have to clean this up:


 
  • The moment I FINALLY find a short line, but it's a "20 items or less" checkout, and I have 200 items or more.
  • The moment my mother in law walks outside, because us "trespassers" have taken over her driveway (that's PERFECT for bike riding).
  • The moment Amber calls and asks if she can get the girls to give me a break.
  • The moment I hear Michael's truck pull up and I get a little giddy.
  • The moment I sit down to a Shipley's cheeseburger and a pile of onion rings.
  • The moment my kids clean their plate and ask for seconds.
  • The moment I notice all the rich colors of the leaves as they threaten to let go of the tree and drift down to the ground.
  • The moment a rainy day and a mud puddle become the coolest water park that money can't buy


 
  • The moment I think of my mom and a butterfly lands beside me, temporarily relieving me of my sadness.
  • The moment the bag rips and my groceries cover the ground.
  • The moment I look up at God's bright blue artwork, and wonder if Mama's looking back down at me.
  • The moment Michael asks me out on a date (NO kids allowed), and I ask if he's paying.
  • The moment I realize that I'm her favorite

 
  • The moment I walk in Journey and I feel like I'm with family.
  • The moment Neva talks about my mom and I'm equally saddened and happy that she still remembers her.
  • The moment I walk out of the house and realize I need a jacket.
  • The moment I see a mother and daughter together in wal-mart, and my heart aches.
  • The moment Michael starts a pillow fight with the girls.
  • The moment I see Josh with Noah up on his shoulders shaking the hand of a ball player at his VERY first major league baseball game.
  • The moment Nori randomly hugs and kisses "her Mili".
  • The moment Neva and Michael take over the tv to watch The Avengers, AGAIN.
  • The moment I ask God to show me how to better serve Him.
  • The moment I realize I went overboard with the Halloween decorations, again



 
  • The moment I realize I over salted the pork chops.
  • The moment I fear the holidays are approaching, and my mom isn't here with us.
  • The moment I look and there is diaper cream finger painted all along the hall.
  • The moment I take a bite of Ronnie's wild rice casserole, and my eyes close in delight, because it tastes JUST like mama's.
  • The moment I tell myself I am NEVER taking the kids to the mall again.
  • The moment I wrap Neva and Nori in a tight, warm hug and find it hard to let go.
  • The moment I realize that if I don't already, one day, I am going to have my hands VERY full



 
  • The moment I realize that she is as "photogenic" as my mom was


 
  • The moment I realize someone flushed a pair of panties and the toilet is overflowing.
  • The moment I walk outside and smell the delicious scent of fall.
  • The moment I try on a old pair of jeans and they fit!
  • The moment I try the really old jeans and they don't make it past my thighs.
  • The moment Neva sasses me, and I mentally thank my mom for wishing it on me.
  • The moment I find Milii so cute, I want to eat her. Literally.
  • The moment I realize how much I adore my family


  • The moment I realize how lucky my kids are
  • The moment I stop wishing she could see and I remember that my mom does see.
  • The moment I thank God for my time with her.
  • The moment I realize my kids are growing too fast.
  • The moment I HAVE to laugh, because the fit that Nori's throwing is so ridiculous.
  • The moment I get out of bible study and read this:
 
 
 
  • The moment I walk down the hall and the girls are sleeping sound, and I pray that I will be the best mother for them that I can possibly be.
  • The moment I cuddle up to my exhausted and snoring husband, I breathe him in, feel his warmth and thank God for allowing me to meet my hardworking, family centered, soulmate.
  • The moment in the wee hours when I finally doze off and sweet little feet immediately come running.
  • The moment at the end of the day, when I've cleaned, yet the house is dirty. I have reprimanded, yet the kids still misbehave. I have cooked, but the food was bland. I have tried, but can't see where I have succeeded......Then God shows me.....and I blog about it.
Yeah, the days are moving fast. They are filled with tons of errands and running around and big "important" things to take care of. But the moments....Oh, the moments. The little moments filled with the tiny details-- THEY are what make life great.

 So here's to the moments.....May we treasure each one.


No comments:

Post a Comment