Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Ain't No Sunshine

I've been thinking about her a lot. I'm really really missing her. So, I've been watching videos and looking at pictures. This is bittersweet. I've got a lot of videos that I will share with you soon. But, I am very emotional right now.

Here's one from the days between Mili's birth and her passing.
 
 
What you don't know, is Mama sang this song to all of my girls, ALL the time. It kills me to see her expression so tired, her color so pale, and her frame so fraile. It kills me. She fought her body as it was letting go of life, so that she could hold my hand during childbirth, meet Mili, and sing her this very special song. This was the last time she ever sang it. A lil over a week later, she passed away.

It wasn't just my girls that loved to hear it...I did too. I wish so badly I could hear her sing it right now as my heart is broken and longing for affection only a mother can give.

One thing's for sure..... Things got a lot less sunny when she left.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment