Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Monday, November 14, 2011

The Stuff You Missed.....

Neva's first night in her big girl bed....(11/4)

Also, Nori's first night in her toddler bed

Visiting T-ville

Riding w Pawpaw

Didn't make it to the game. So we had a Post-Tornado-win breakfast. Mom barely ate a thing.

We made it to the next one... Go Tornadoes! (She looks weak, doesn't she?)

This COULD have been a fun night. But, Mom was really down. Amber had been to the ER on this morning. She was bleeding. They said the baby was fine. It was the next morning that she returned to the ER and received the bad news.

Rhett! Don't eat the corn! Play in it! (His 1st bday at Mitchell Farms)

"The Pose"

"MAMA! THERE'S BEES ON THE CAKE!!!" There were yellowjackets everywhere!

The little party was precious.....I would reccommend this spot to anyone throwing a party for any age kid. You get all the perks of the pumpkin patch, with none of the crowd.

They did so good on the little train......

They had a great time....Can you tell?

Sprinkles' first bath...She HATED it...

Barkley's first bath too....He loved it!!!

Temper tantrum city.....Welcome to the terrible two's......

I haven't been snapping many pictures lately. I have been pretty down about my mom. I can't really describe to you how bad it's been. She is sleeping non-stop, coughing every breath, barely talking and NEVER smiling. She is pitiful. I have just been beside myself with mixed emotions. The most dominant feeling: Overwhelming fear. She went to the dr. today for her weekly checkup. They gave her a bag and a half of drip and did bloodwork. The bloodwork revealed that she is definitely anemic, but not low enough to receive a transfusion. The results also showed a very low sodium level. If you will think back, a low sodium level landed mom in the hospital the day after her VERY FIRST chemo treatment. Dr. Penland told us back then that it was due to the cancer. We haven't had the sodium issue since, because the chemo has been shrinking the cancer, then maintaining the cancer. With the sodium issue returning, it makes me think that there is some big movement taking place in her body. They felt the tumorous lymph node under her arm today as well. It has been enlarged and irritated since the dr. checked it last week. The dr. pretty much confirmed our fears. She feels like the tumor is growing. This can only mean one thing.....Mom's not responding to this chemo. I am so scared. Things are moving fast and it seems like our options are running out.

After her fluids, she had a little energy. She cooked us a big ole' meal. Fried pork chops, greens, peas, mac n cheese, corn, and I made biscuits...( I never said it was a healthy meal). We all joined together (minus Ronnie who was working) and had a good time. Josh started his new job today, so tonight was sort of a celebratory meal. Although the moral wasn't as high as it would have been at these type dinners in the past,  it was nice eating some of mama's cooking again....She's still got "it". But the best part was seeing her up off the couch for the first time in a few days. She seemed tired, but better.

Tomorrow she will receive further testing. They will decide our next move tomorrow. My mother in law is keeping the girls so that I can attend. I am sick to my stomach with fear. Please pray for my mom....

No comments:

Post a Comment