Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

A few More Details

Though I was a bit "deflated" about the outcome of the super bowl, as promised, I went out yesterday and took some pictures. The house and porches are a mess so just try not to focus too much on that. But here are a few of the rooms a little more close up. 
Mr Mike was priming yesterday. This is very exciting!
I've wanted painted cabinets in my kitchen for years, although I admit, stained cabinets add some warmth and homeyness to a kitchen. I did want a stained island when planning first began, but after staining and seeing how dark the floor was I quickly backed out of that one. Still not sure if backing out was the best decision. When I look at all this white, I get very very scared. We are not white kind of people (is that a politically correct thing to say?) What I mean is, we like color. We don't really want a drop of stark white in our house, not even on the trim. 

I'm so very very worried. I picked this color for the cabinets and trim. It's called "Modest White" from Sherwin Williams....and literally we locked it down yesterday. But can you even tell where Josh painted the sample? Is it too light? Too yellowish?  I want warmth. I want comfort. I want southern. 
I'm worried. 
I picked from this swatch sheet because I couldn't find any pink or purple or green or yellow hues.... Just an off white. But it being up on that cabinet freaks me out. Crossing my fingers for the best, and repeating "it's just paint" over and over.


(The ceiling isn't arched, I'm just a horrible photographer)

I love my lil mantle above the stove ;)
And I'm pumped about my four lil pantry pullouts. 
Up top spices and big utensils (spatulas, ladels etc),
Down on bottom sheet pans and thin bake wear.

I don't know if we get to keep the 1992 stereo system, I'll have to ask Josh. 
But notice the rectangular cabinet up top? 
Another pantry pull out. I'm thinking canned goods....
Under it, you see just an open cabinet with no drawer openings...
That, my friends, is a pull out for TWO 13 gallon trash cans! 
YES!
We are trashy folks, what can I say?
We can generate a 13 gallon bag of garbage in one day. Not very green of us, I know. Sorry. 
Right now, I pretty much have no place for trash in our trailer. There's a bag sitting on my kitchen floor. Charming, right?
So this double can pull out is so very, very exciting for me! 

In the top corner cabinet, on the bottom shelf, our microwave will be hidden behind cabinet doors. 



At the bottom, there will appear to be 3 drawers on each side. 
Ah, sweet, sweet symmetry.
But, on the left, I will actually only have 2 drawers. One will be bigger for deeper pots.


I will stand here and wash dishes. I wanted to be able to look into the back yard and see the girls playing..... After everything was in, I'm glad there was a little room left on the side of my sink to put in some dish cloth/towel drawers. 

I'll tell you once more about the island, since I'm zoomed in a little more. 
The left opening is the dishwasher. Then, I have three drawers. Michael thinks silverware can go there, because I will probably stand here to fix all of our plates at meal times. Makes sense. But I was thinking that silverware needed to be over by the fridge or close to where the plates are...Any thoughts?

My fridge will be here! There's a huge cabinet above that I can fill up with something too! I'm sorry for going on and on about space..But I'm FINALLY going to have some! I can stop telling people not to buy me anything for my kitchen for Christmas. 

When you walk in the side door, (the door we will use on a daily basis), there is a bench to the right. To the left, a small utility room with a sink for Michael to wash up and a broom closet for me. If you walk through that room you are in our safe room. 

Looking through the foyer at the front door. Yesterday we noticed the humidity had separated our barn wood a little. I'm actually ok with how it looks, although I couldn't get a good read on how Michael felt about it. It's weird how different men and women are when it comes to the aesthetics of a home. 


Looking from the foyer into the living room



The dining room.... Probably never use this ole room but we wanted it for Christmas and Thanksgiving. The next door to the right (If you look closely you can see it) is the pantry.


The pantry
We will have our deep freezers in here along with some shelving.
Coming out of here you can take a left and you're in the dining room 
OR
you can go straight and you're in the kitchen.

Looking from foyer to the left down the hall that leads to the kids' wing of the house. 
The door on the left is an extra bedroom. We are calling it the "office". 
The first door on the right is the guest bath, then next on the right comes the laundry room.

guest bath is small and simple. 




Laundry room
It's not huge. But still a big step up from what I have now. Right now I cant even move in my laundry room. Really....

Right now we are standing in the hall. We are looking into the laundry room. See that other door? It leads in to our master closet. You can see a little of the shelving Josh built if you look closely.

Master bath vanity wall and shower opening.
This picture is misleading, I think. It looks like the stone clashes a bit with the tile and river rock in the shower. It really doesn't, to me. It actually looks really good together.

My tub "room"!!!

Master bedroom. 



You are standing in Maxx's room looking through their bathroom into Mili's room. Their bathrooms are pretty small. There isn't much to them but they are sweet and very efficient.... We know at some point we are going to have 4 hormonal teenage girls needing bathroom time... So we tried to make our lives just a tad easier by giving them this little space. 


To the right is Maxx's vanity. 

Then, the next right is a private water closet. 

to the left is Mili's vanity and the tub unit. 

Neva and Nori's is the exact same as this one. 



Mine and Michael's bedroom is down a mini hallway off the living room. I think this opening is kind of weird looking. We were thinking a decorative sliding barn door might add a little character to this gaping hole in the living room wall. 

This is as far as we are finishing up stairs....For now. 

Storage under the stairs.

This is the non brick side of the house...

I love the paint for now. But one day there will be brick on that side to match the other. We just couldn't see paying for brick now, then covering it up. 


looking out from the back porch


Zoomed in on the front



I'm in love... 


No comments:

Post a Comment