Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Monday, February 18, 2013

The Water

As you know, yesterday marked a year since my mom went to Heaven. So, yesterday I stood in front of my church and announced that I would someday do the same. I thought I would be nervous about the crowd. I wasn't. I thought that it would be a simple thing that was just symbolic-- It wasn't. I stepped over in the water and sat down. The water was warm to my skin. My heart was at home. Even my body felt right at home in that water. I can't explain it. It is just water, right? Wrong. It was much, much more. Brother Robby asked me my reasons, "Because Jesus saved me", I replied. Then I followed in the footsteps of countless Christians before me. It's amazing to think that even Jesus, himself was baptized just as I was yesterday.....Who am I to deserve to participate in a tradition so incredibly special? In a way, I was star struck---but far, far beyond what that word could describe. I became a part of a rich and spectacular history the moment I entered that water. There are no words to describe to you the beauty of washing away my sins and being brand new for my God.....  Though I gave my heart to Jesus over a year ago, I felt His power and love in that water yesterday. When I came up out of the water, the smile forced it's way onto my face. My heart was full yet very, very light. As the water dripped away, tears of joy began to stream my face. The old me died and the new me was born out of that water. I am new, I am cleansed, I am saved.

I am not the person that will just force my beliefs on anyone else. But, it is my duty as your friend, and as a Christian to share this with you. If your heart is dark and heavy, if you are angry and bitter, if you feel like something is missing, if you feel alone and scared, then you and me once had a lot in common. I was once so lost..... But just like me, you too can be found. You can brighten the darkness and lighten the load on your heart. You can dispose of your anger and bitterness, and move forward free of it's grip on your life. You can wash away your past, and go forth with a bright future. You can fill the void. You can know without a doubt that you are never alone and place your fears on Him. You can be saved. All you have to do is seek it, and ask God for it, and it is yours.... It's literally that easy. None of us really deserve for it to be that it easy, but thank God it is. Need help with that first step? So did I. Just find a church close to home and sit in on a sermon. Or if you live close to me, I'd love for you to come sit with me at Journey.

Doubters, nonbelievers and skeptics, you must believe me. I get that you have a lot of questions that can't be answered. We all do. But you will never tell me that this isn't real, when I can pin point the day, the moment, the second that Jesus conquered my heart...You can't tell me it didn't happen....Because I felt it happen. I felt it emotionally, physically, spiritually, mentally---and every other way possible...  And I have been living in His light ever since. You may not can put your eyes on God, but you can put your eyes on me....And He lives in me now.





My life is changed so beautifully.......You can change yours too......What do you have to lose?



No comments:

Post a Comment