Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Parties, Dinners and Gatherings--Oh My!

It's hard to believe that it's been a year since I held this tiny little bundle of joy....
 
And without my realizing it, she became this toddler-like
bundle of fun. (Notice her first ponytail)
 
Although the family did get together at Shipley's we didn't go all out with a huge party....
 

Instead we put our effort into a food drive for the Christian Food Mission! It was a great success! Thanks to everyone who donated!

Since I wasn't really doing much for my baby girl, I wanted to get her a nice cake. Ina Knotts made this food themed cake for us, though she is in the middle of opening a cafe. Everyone complimented on how adorable it was!

Mili reached for the flame on the candle....I don't know why we're laughing about it, actually.
 
I've come to terms with the fact that there WILL never be a perfect picture of my family. EVER.

While I was setting up the food, Michael's "girls" (his employees) helped me out and kept an eye on my girls.....Even though Mili had this cute little smash cake, she barely touched it cause they had filled her up with donuts! 
 
 
 
Me, Kristen, and Aunt Sharon

Mili and Uncle Kandy

Aunt Teresa (who is just the best party help ever, and one of the Neva's most favorite people), and Nay Nay
 
Lil Payton is two weeks younger than Mili...She was practically running around the party the other night, as Mili crawled and ruined the knees of her pants.

The usual crew was there!

Linda had 3 of her grand babies! She lined em' up in highchairs, got em fed, and handled the chaos better than I do with my own three!

 
 
Aunt Punk was there...But she was quiet. I found out later that my mom, or her absence, was weighing heavily on Punk.

Mili had a lot of great friends pay her a visit!

Even though she was too ill and sleepy to smile for them.
 
It was a great party! My tired little baby slept extra sound that night....
 

 

Next came
SUPER BOWL SUNDAY!
My big brother has been a DIE hard 49ers fan as far back as I can remember! He passed it down to Josh as well......So there was no thinking about it, I was definitely rooting for San Francisco (They said I couldn't come if I was rooting for anyone else).......
Momentum was high! Though the first part of the game didn't look so good....
 
We started packing up to leave around half time, and this was the scene....
 
Me and Amber had a great time!
 
The kids had a good time too! And from what I hear the second half of the game was a real nail biter.....Ronnie didn't stay depressed but a couple of days after the big loss. He's better now.
 
We have been visiting Nay Nay and Paw Paw a lot.... 
It amazes me that I have three little girls that can play the piano at the same time....
 
And the South Mississippi Winter has been rather enjoyable with the Spring-type days that have been sprinkled in here and there. We've been spending a lot of time outside....
Neva is constantly picking me flowers and drawing me pictures.

She looks like such a big girl.....
 
Mili waving to the camera!

and showing me her signature move!

My babies!

Nori blowing out the candles on her actual birthday...
 
We met up with Melissa and Tanya for lunch again.... I love these girls...

Tanya was close with my mom, and she just gobbles up my kids when she sees them. I love it.
 
Finally came the much anticipated Rock Star Party...It's all I've heard from Nori for the better part of 6 months. Somewhere along the line it changed from "tea party" to "Rockstar Party"...Either way, Nori was insanely excited... 
Mili and Nori's birthdays are 4 days apart--( I know bad planning on our part) So, exactly one week after Mili's lil party, we had Nori's....

Shipley's is my go-to party spot....We brought music and a little stage that Michael made and it was a rockin' lil party!
 
homemade karaoke

We had a rock n roll tattoo parlor and hair station so that all of our guests could look the part!
 
Baby Nori coming home from the hospital...
 
1st Birthday princess party! 

2nd Birthday Dora Party!

I cannot believe how grown up and beautiful she is.

Me and my babies!

Nori is Pawpaw's girl!
 
The kids loved singing and dancing...It was loud and crazy!

Gorgeous.....If I do say so myself.....

Jennifer and Mohawk Mili
 
Notice the crowd in the back.....My family and Michael's family won't miss a party.....
 
This is Michaels standard outfit. Work outfit. Walmart outfit. Supper at Walker's outfit. And on this night, Hillbilly Rock outfit.
 
Mohawk Mili was exhausted again....She slept good after this party too....
 
The next day Ronnie invited everyone to lunch at Leatha's....

When the waitress asked Nori what she wanted "chicken strips, corndog,...." Nori responded "bones. I want bones" (bones are ribs).

Delicious doesn't begin to cover it...
 
Lots of fun things...I love every second of it...But, I think this picture of Mili says it all.
 
 Pooped.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed catching up on your blog Nikki! I cant imagine how hard this year has been for you. But your testimony is amazing. Thank you for sharing it. Your girls are breathtaking they are so beautiful. And growing so fast. Our Ty is about to be 1 and it doesn't seem possible. Life with 3 is crazy busy!! Just as you warned me ;) Take care!!

    ReplyDelete