Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Monday, January 28, 2013

The Greatest Birthday Gift

MILI'S BIRTHDAY FOOD DRIVE IS THIS WEEK!

 SHE'S GOING TO BE ONE YEAR OLD!

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?!?!?!

On your way to or from work this week (1/28-2/1), stop by Shipley's Donuts in Laurel and drop off some canned fruits or vegetables. No donation is too small, and your efforts are greatly appreciated! Everything that is collected will go to our local Christian Food Mission.

 
My little baby LOVES food....Food is her FAVORITE thing! She can say "eat! eat!" and she smiles so big and even dances as I put her meal in front of her. I love that she knows her next meal is definitely coming and she will have enough food to feel satisfied.
 
 
 
This got me thinking about less fortunate children in our area that may not feel the joy of a full tummy, like my Mili does everyday. This thought is absolutely heart wrenching.
 
Food is deliciously messy and the best tasting finger paint out there....But it is the most basic of needs, and sadly there are children right here in our area, who are not getting regular meals.

 
 So in lieu of a huge, expensive party (that a one year old Mili won't care anything about), we are having a canned food drive for our local Christian Food Mission.
 Every child deserves to know that they will be fed and cared for each day. Let's do our part to help the Christian Food Mission accomplish this. Swing by Shipley's and drop off some canned goods today!
Children are innocent and beautiful little gifts from God, we should treat them as such.

THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment