Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Monday, January 21, 2013

PHOTO UPDATE

Well, I finally figured out how to get some more pics up....Here are a FEW random shots between Thanksgiving and now.......
 
My mama's siblings...."The Aunts": Sharon and Punkin, and my Uncle Ricky
 
My cousin Kody and his future wife Tayler
 
 
We all went to the cemetery on Thanksgiving
 
Michael's sister, Jamina.....They have a love-hate relationship

Yummy desserts

My sister in law Linda....Who had Mili quiet and happy until I walked up...

Rhett loved playing in the leaves...

My girls LOVED this movie!

When Michael took them hunting.

My daddy's b-day...Haha, when we forget bday candles, we light whatever we have on hand....

Neva's photo shoot with my phone...You wouldn't believe how often this happens... 
 
 
Christmas Decorations
 
Isn't she beautiful?

She did WONDERFUL at her very first recital!

Linda, Teresa, Jamina, Ronnie, Amber and the boys and My mother in law and father in law were among the crowd waiting for her when she came off stage.
Paw Paw's girl!

Oh yeah, SANTA made an appearance! Neva was so excited! She was looking all around as we were walking to our car, then she asked "where did he park his sleigh?!?!"
 
FIRST CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION: The Saturday before Christmas, we celebrated with the Taylorsville family at Ronnie's house.

We had a "Cajun Christmas". Gumbo, red beans and rice, crab cakes, jambalaya, and all the fixin's....IT WAS GGGRREEAATTT!

We ate outside and the kids were running around like crazy.

The kids had a ball...Of course the weather was nothing like it should have been on Christmas.

Uncle Kandy, Kaden and Russ

BEAUTIFUL BABIES!
 
The lil ones

Kason and Dalton
 
Uncle Ray and Punk

My lil sweet hearts 

This is Mili's signature move...
 
Hyped up on chocolate
 
THIS KID LOVES FOOD
 
My Uncle Ray and Michael usually have to embrace one another at every holiday....
 
Little lady Nori
 
 SECOND CELEBRATION: The Sunday before Christmas at Angela's house in Lousiana (Michael's sister)
 (That's her on the other side of Michael)
 
THIRD CELEBRATION: Christmas Eve with my In laws 
 
Nay Nay's Bay Bay
 
Waiting not-so patiently
 
Baby Cooper
 
Teresa and Ana
 
It's always loud and action packed--and I love every second of it....

The family keeps growing, but the room size stays the same....

We all take turns opening.....We never did that when I was growing up. We just tore in at the same time.... I like this idea of waiting though. You can just see the temptation to rip the paper, and the anticipation of finding out what's inside just eating away at each lil one as they wait their turn.

Jessica and baby Payton
 
Getting Santa's snack ready
 
 
Waiting on Santa
 
Late, Late, the night of Christmas Eve
Santa may have "brought" the swing set, but Michael stayed outside until 2am working on it.
 
FOURTH CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION: Waking up to see what Santa brought, and opening gifts at home.
Sadly, it was raining Christmas morning...But the girls were amazed at the magic of Santa and how he made a huge swing set appear in our yard over night.

They even ran through the rain to get a closer look at it!

We kept it simple again this year.

Three small gifts per kid under the tree and a swing set from the big guy.
They were so proud of what they got!

Mili's favorite thing was the stocking full of milk chocolate...Which she had for breakfast, lunch, supper and snack.
 
 FIFTH CELEBRATION: Christmas morning with Uncle Bubba, Uncle Josh, Amber, Noah and Brady

This is not our tradition, but we switched things around to accommodate Josh's work schedule

The girls and I wore our pjs over there...Actually, we wore them all day.

No anticipation here....Just rippem' open!

Mili loved destroying the paper!

The boys got ninja turtle gear and all kinds of cool stuff

Neva got the Ghost Busters movies (which she's been BEGGING for) from Uncle Bubba AND........
 
ART SUPPLIES! She went CRAZY!

Michael fell asleep videoing a couple times.
 
 
This was officially the first time Mili ever pulled up. It was Christmas morning at Ronnie's house. She didn't do it a second time for several days.
 
 
I love those boys....
 
Uncle Bubba got his mani/pedi
 
and a complete makeover by lil Nori
 
Next we headed home....
There was a brief break in the rain when we got home and they played for a minute on their brand new swing set!
big sister pushing baby sister in her swing

Rylee came to play!
 
As you can tell by the faded color of this baby swing, it is actually not brand new. Santa was too busy to build a set so he bought the display model that has been sitting in Lowe's parking lot forever. It is sun bleached and missing a couple things that we intend to order. But Santa got an $1,800 swing set for $300--so we don't mind the few lil problems....
 
SIXTH CELEBRATION: A late breakfast at Nay Nay and Paw Paw's
Mountains of gifts....

All I could think was: "where am I going to put all this?"

Basically, anything pink works for Nori. Anything Pink or Dora themed.

Mili went practically all day with no nap.....

With all hand me downs in her lil toy box at home, Mili didn't know what to think about all these wonderful, new, colorful, noisy toys...
 
What good are rain boots, if you don't splash in the mud puddles? Or as Neva calls them "muddy pudds"
 
Yep, Ms Becky. You're right....Looks like the rain is coming back!
 
Cutie pa-tooty Rhett on Mommy's hip
 
Christmas Day was a LLLOOOOONGG tiring day.
 
UNCLE BUBBA'S BIRTHDAY! (Dec 26)
We had cupcakes!
And Ronnie made some wild rice casserole! (his favorite meal) YUMMY! (he makes it just like mom)

We forgot birthday candles...AGAIN. So he blew out a scented decorative one. Hey, whatever works.
 
SEVENTH (and final) CHRISTMAS CELEBRATION: Opening gifts the Sunday AFTER Christmas with Pop (my daddy)
I have never seen kids so excited about clothes. Neva and Nori insisted on changing immediately.
 
My daddy and his weird hats.
 
Neva and Nori's first run with the Easy Bake oven....Red velvet cupcakes.
 
Last year around Christmas we went and ate hibachi with my mom and the aunts. This year, we decided to do it again.
 
Don't let the look on Punk's face fool ya, the food was GREAT!
 
It's good to see Amber eating. She's been on a diet for like two years.
 
The girls didn't eat so well.....
 
Mili did not like the fire...AT ALL. But she ate really good.
 
 
 
I just love this picture....
 

Milk face....This is before I took her off the bottle, but I just love her cute lil milk face in this pic.
 
 
Fireworks on New Year's Eve
 
PawPaw's excited!


Happy New Year!

New Year decorations


Beautiful eyes

Sweet smile
 
I love her one squinty eye

Busted tooth on New years day. My dad was tickling her and you have to know Neva.....She LOVES to be tickled. She's addicted to it. But, she goes crazy while you're tickling her. Crazy legs. Crazy arms. And on this day, she had a crazy head. She slammed her face down on the end table, teeth first.

First Dental Appointment.....Sadly, it wasn't for a cleaning....It was for an xray. I am still sad about the tooth. Just devestated.

As if the tooth wasn't enough--Nori got this weird random rash on New Year's day..It only last a couple days or so.

First time in a booster seat for Neva, first time facing forward for Mili

Making Daddy a birthday card

It's a big serious deal, ya know?

Mili's contribution

The second ugliest cake ever

The love of my life.....And Michael too.....(just kidding, just kidding)

The day we signed up for soccer!
  

Getting some love from PawPaw
 
Well there you have it....Sorry it took me so long to figure out why I couldn't post pics. I'll post a few at a time from here on out, so I don't have to bombard you with thousands like I did today....

No comments:

Post a Comment