Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Your Babies

Dear Mom, 

Here are a few things I thought would make you smile....

  • Recently Neva asked "Is #$%^ a bad word?" I replied "YES! Where did you hear that?" She responded "My Gammy used to say #$%^ all the time. She used alot of bad words...It was funny!"

  • I teared up kind of randomly the other day driving down the road. I thought that the girls in the back seat would never know. Then Nori's eyes caught mine in my mirror. She looked at me sympathetically, then with her little lisp she said "It's ok Mom. Me and Neva are gonna get Gammy back for you".

  •  Neva can ride her bike. Not Just a little, like when you saw her last. She can ride like a big kid. I got a little emotional watching her ride yesterday. She's just so grown up.

  • Mili had an EKG and chest xray done the other day, because of some problems she's been having. Everything came back good- (Thank God).

  • Still working with Mili on sitting up. The pediatrician says she is "too busy" to want to take the time to sit up.

  • Saturday at Michael's dove shoot, Neva excitedly ran up to her daddy while she was eating a lil debbie snack cake. "Daddy, Gammy used to get me these. She used to get me ALOT of candy, and Mama would say "Don't give her all that candy!", but Gammy would do it anyway!" Michael sad eyes met mine across the porch. She loves you, Mama...Theres no denying that.

  • Nori FINALLY mastered (most) of her colors. And, she's quick to tell you that she's a "smarty pants".

  • When you sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider", Mili puts her hands together and smiles really big!

  • We've decided to cut back on some of the SpongeBob that Neva has been watching. Here's why: Neva, showing me her letters that she had been practicing walked over and asked, "Do you like it mama?" "Neva!" I responded, "It's BEAUTIFUL!", "Do you really like it?" She asked. "I answered "I do baby, it's perfect". She smiled. "Good. I'll remember that when I'm kicking your butt", then she ran off giggling. (I've seen this episode. I know you are laughing right now. But I explained to her that we can't repeat everything we hear on tv).

  • Neva hugged me the other day. Then as she was letting go, she patted my stomach. "That's a big belly ya got there", she said inncocently. (BTW I've lost 16 lbs. Only 30 more to go).

  • When Nori is getting in trouble she continuously asked for "sugar and a hug"...Like that's going to get her off the hook.... (ok, sometimes it does).

  • Mili's little gums are kind of lumpy...I think we have some teeth in our immediate future!

  • Mili is afraid of the vacuum. So, I put her in her room to roll around while I vacuumed the living room real  quick. When I walked in there to get her, Nori was in the swing and Neva was changing Mili's diaper. She looked at me and said "She had pee pee mama". She is SUCH a mother hen.

  • I left Mili in her bouncy (unbuckled), when I walked to my bedroom and back, she was rolling around on the floor.... I have no idea.

  • All three girls go to sleep in their beds EVERY night. They may not wake up there, but they go to sleep there.

  • Nori rides her tricycle like a little champ. It is so cute.

  • Neva told Noah the other day, "Let me look at that. I have GREAT eyes. I eat alot of carrots and my eyes are really strong and really blue".

  • Nori has the craziest dance moves. She's actually really good. When the music cues up, it's like her body starts moving without her permission. Then, comes this facial expression that is....serious and concentrated. It is hilarious!

  • Neva told some of the dove hunters that had plopped down on our couch, "hey, don't throw these pillows on the floor, they cost like $55."

  • Nori and Mili ARE best friends.

  • The other night, as Michael was putting Sprinkles in her pen, Neva ran out on the front porch and looked up at the starry sky and screamed "I LOVE YOU GAMMY!", then ran back inside.

I miss you.

I love you.

We ALL do.

See you later.

Love,

Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment