Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Rantings of a Surviving Baby

Dear Gammy,

Guess what?!? I am almost EIGHT months old! Can you believe that? I still remember when I was in Mommy's tummy all protected and cozy.  I remember my mom felt sad and scared a lot, because I kind of felt it too. I think it was because you were sick. You and my mom were always together! I could always hear y'all talking and laughing. It was nice in there, but the day I decided to come out was a great day! I met my mommy, my daddy, and I also met you. I remember looking at your face, Gammy. I thought you were beautiful! But I could see that you didn't feel good....I was sad on my birthday when you decided to leave the hospital and go home. But, Mommy said you needed rest. I needed some rest too. The nurses and my Mommy took good care of me while you were at home. When we left the hospital I was so excited because my mommy brought me to your house! You held me and kissed me so much. I decided immediately that you were my favorite friend. You told everyone how pretty I was. Your last big smile was when you opened your weary eyes and Uncle Josh said "Look, Gammy, Mili is here". You looked at me sleepily, and smiled so big. I think I was your favorite friend too. I was with Mommy the morning you decided to go Home. She was crying and holding you. I wondered why she was so upset. Uncle Bubba and Josh were sad too. I stayed very quiet and tried to be sweet for my mommy.

 Since you went Home, I have been having a blast! I love to roll around and eat tiny things off the floor. Sometimes, Mommy catches me and takes them away. But, most of the time, I eat away. I finally showed Mama that I could sit up. She had been trying to get me to show her for a while, but I kind of liked the way she giggled when I threw myself back....Besides, she was always there to catch me. I'm trying to learn to crawl, and I've almost got it! My favorite thing to do is play with my sisters. Neva is the "protective one". She likes to put blankets on me to keep me warm, she gives me bottles, and she changes my diaper sometimes when Mommy's not looking. Mommy won't let her hold me and walk around, but she asks all the time. I sure do love my Neva. Nori, is the "loving one". She is always kissing me and hugging me. She tells me that I am "cute" all the time. I love to pull her curly hair. I grab it and jerk as hard as I can! It's ok, Nori don't mind. She usually giggles. Nori is my best friend. My daddy works a lot, but when he's home, he holds me and kisses me over and over. He kisses my sisters too. Sometimes, they start throwing pillows at each other and laughing really loud. I don't really get it, but it makes me smile. Mommy yells when daddy throws the nice pillows....So daddy usually throws one at her, and she laughs. Yeah Gammy, I have a pretty good family.

After you left, Mommy cried a lot. There were some days that she didn't smile at all! Me and my sisters wanted to help her, but I heard her tell daddy "you can't help me. No one can", over and over again. He was worried too. Sometimes I could hear her crying in the bathroom and begging God to help her understand. I'm not sure why. There were some days that Mommy must have been very tired, because she never took off her pajamas. I would hear her crying and telling my daddy "I miss my friend". Yes, there were some bad days in the beginning. But, even on her worst day, my Mommy still hugged me and kissed me and took good care of me. Now, she has lots of good days too. She sings me songs and kisses me all over. She talks about you all the time, Gammy. When it's just me and her, she tells me how much she misses you. She says "I bet you would LOVE to play with your Gammy", and "Your Gammy used to sing this to me", or "I wish you knew your Gammy". Late at night when my sisters and I are in bed, Mommy walks and looks in on us. She stands there for a long time. She always says "Thank you, God, for my beautiful, perfect babies". I think me and my sisters are Mommy's favorite friends. She is going to be ok, Gammy, don't worry. We will take good care of her and keep her very busy.

Well, Gammy, it's almost time for my bottle, and then comes nap time. So, I guess I am going to end this letter now. I know you are doing great (even though I can't see you), because the night that you left, you went to Heaven. It's kind of fuzzy now, but I still kind of remember Heaven, and it's wonderful! I know that you are not sick and you are not hurting anymore. Your body is so healthy and perfect. I know that you are with Jesus, now. I am so happy for you! And one glorious day, when it is time, we will all be together again.

Will you do me a favor, Gammy? Tell Jesus "Thank You", for choosing this incredible family for me. I am right where I need to be.

I love you Gammy!

Love,

Baby Mili

No comments:

Post a Comment