Me and my mom, my best friend.

Me and my mom, my best friend.

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Let's Get Real

So I heard on KLOVE that statistics show that Facebook causes depression in lots of folks. The reason? People see snapshots of perfectly cleaned and decorated houses. They see smiling, non-stressed parents easily rearing their children. They see kids groomed beautifully and seemingly behaved like angels. They see the kids doing elaborate educational activities that were strategically planned by the overachiever parent that isn't even a little tired after a full day at work. They see a gourmet meal whipped up with ease and followed by a homemade decadent dessert. They see a married couple seemingly, deeply in love and enjoying their super exciting and abundant time away from the children.... They see selfies with perfect skin, flawless figures and beautiful hair and makeup. They see all this, then they look at their life, and they feel inadequate. Well, I hate to add to that...I really do. I don't want to be that person....But sometimes, you just gotta brag....
Anyone can have a walk-in closet, but call me when yours reclines....BOOM



I, too, have a perfectly decorated house....With original artwork on my walls from some local artists.


ahh the happy couple....aren't we sweet? Date night is pretty special...



And perfectly groomed kids....Wow..





And those super attractive selfies? Feast your eyes...




And here's  me, the over achiever parent, as we were about to leave church the other day...Just me and my angel children. I've totally got this under control. Such a breeze. 

Perfectly behaved children....Totally responsible parenting


My kids are the happiest kids in the world!
I think...
No, I'm totally sure. They are super happy kiddos!



After we dine on a home cooked gourmet supper, 
we gather around in our evening attire, and have some quality family time..



 I couldn't live without our strategically planned educational activities! 
Art is essential for healthy growth and development, ya know?
My kids breathe, sleep, and EAT it.


I teach my little artists that the world is their canvas...


and of course, they are never too young to learn computer skills...


My girls...My beautiful, beautiful, photogenic little super models....


Eat your heart out....

Just looks? No way....PERFECTLY behaved..







If you got it, flaunt it. 

You're welcome. 












No comments:

Post a Comment